Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Freedom of the Seas.. new look this time around

On June 23rd, I set sail on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. This was my second time on the Freedom class ship, but many new and exciting changes greeted me! Freedom of the Seas underwent a refurbishment in 2011. It included new features found on Oasis class ships, such as touch screen kiosks and a large movie screen over the pool deck.
We could immediately notice the changes. My son loved the addition of the Dream Works Experience, 3-D movie screens and the Cupcake Cupboard to name a few. This time I booked an ocean view cabin on deck 3. It was 159 square feet which was plenty of space for my son and I. This was a Western Caribbean sailing that stopped in Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica, Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. I have been to all of the countries before on previous cruises, except Haiti. Labadee is Royal Caribbean's private island. One of the best features is the dock. You can walk off the ship, no tenders! My son and I decided to just enjoy a day at the beach. But there are a lot of options if you are looking for water sports or more active excursions. Just like Royal Caribbean's other private island, Coco Cay, there was a beach side bbq. Since I booked this cruise last minute, I was given the late dining time of 8:30pm. This turned out to work well for us. After a long day on the beach or on an excursion, my son and I both needed naps. So we never had to rush to dinner.
Some of our favorite highlights were meeting Dream Works characters, such as Shrek, swimming with dolphins in Grand Cayman and of course the food. I could go on about every little detail about the cruise, but sometimes pictures can say it all. Here are a few of my favorites!! Enjoy and call Beck Tours & Travel when you are ready to book your next cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment