Saturday, September 4, 2010

Disney Wonder Tour


This week I got a chance to tour the Disney Wonder cruise ship. The Wonder calls Port Canaveral home, at least for the next few months, then it will move to Los Angeles. The new Disney Dream will replace the Wonder in January. I have sailed on most cruise lines except Disney, so I was excited to get a chance to tour the Wonder. When you come onboard the crew announces your family and everyone clasp!! A cute way to start your vacation. You first enter the atrium, which I found to be smaller than most ships I have seen. But the classic touches of Disney characters is a beautiful sight. Since the crew was cleaning the ship for the next voyage I was not allowed to take many pictures, but I can tell you I was very impressed with the ship and staff.
I was given the tour along with two other travel agents and two members of the Disney sales staff. My biggest surprise was the size of the staterooms, even the inside staterooms.

They were bigger than I was expecting. The smallest cabin, the Standard Inside Stateroom is 184 square feet. It does not have the split bathroom, but still has enough room for a couch and desk. The Deluxe Ocean view stateroom is 214 feet and the Deluxe Ocean view stateroom with Verandah is 268 square feet.

We were allowed to view the Walt Disney suite, but could not take pictures since it was still being cleaned. This was the gem on the Wonder. It is 1,0239 square feet including the verandah and sleeps 7. There are 2 bedrooms (one with queen-size bed; one with 2 twin beds and 2 pull-down upper berths), 2.5 bathrooms including whirlpool tubs, living room, media library with wall pull-down bed, dining salon, pantry, wet bar and walk-in closets.

I got a chance to check out the two pools and quickly realized which one would be my kids' favorite. The Mickey Mouse shaped pool also has a water slide for the young and young at heart!! The other pool has the large movie screen so pool goers can take in their favorite Disney movies or shows. But if you are cruising without kids or would like some time to yourself while your kids are in the kids' club, there is an adult-only pool as well.

I thought one of the cutest areas of the ship was the Oceaneer's club. Disney's Oceaneer Club is the ideal place for children 3 to 12 years of age to dress up as their favorite princess or hero, play games, use the computer lab and enjoy a wide variety of supervised activities throughout the day. I know that my youngest would never want to leave this area!!
The Disney Wonder will be offering 3 & 4 night sailings to the Bahamas until the Disney Dream takes its place in January 2011. The Disney Magic is similar to the Wonder and offers 7 night sailings to the Caribbean while in Port Canaveral. For more information on a Disney cruise, please email me at jeanie@becktours.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment